On 6 December 2019, DutchCulture gathered a group of 40 international experts in Amsterdam to discuss values and practicalities of fair(er) international cultural cooperation.
This meeting followed the first gathering about this topic that was inspired by the publication of the toolkit Beyond Curiosity and Desire: Towards Fairer International Collaborations in the Arts in 2018 by IETM with On the Move and DutchCulture.
This second gathering focused on climate change. Discussions revolved around the following question: how international cultural cooperation can be organised in a way that is fair to the climate?
Practical recommendations given by the participants:
– Change your paradigm
– Incorporate fair and ecological thinking into you practice
– Embrace locality
– Focus on ecologically fair collaborations
– Address the power of funders and those who are well funded
– Don’t forget systemic change is needed
– Harness the power of education
Read the full report here.