The pilot project “European Spaces* of Culture” is testing innovative methods of cooperation between EU Delegations, EU National Institutes of Culture and the local cultural sector. Initiated by the European Parliament in 2018, the project is implemented by EUNIC, with the support of the European Commission (DG EAC) and the European External Action Service (EEAS).
After the launch of a call for ideas in the Spring 2019, five proposals were selected to be implemented as pilot projects with an award of 50,000 euros. A sixth pilot project will also be implemented in Ethiopia under the umbrella of European Spaces of Culture. The 6 projects are:
- Benin: Urban Cult Lab’Africa
- El Salvador, Guatemala & Honduras: Triángulo Teatro
- Ethiopia: Tibeb be Adebabay – Art in Public Spaces
- Mongolia: Nogoonbaatar – International Eco Art Festival
- Sri Lanka: Colomboscope – On Language and Multitudinal Belonging
- USA: The Grid
Find out more about them, click here.